Bitte hier eine kurze Vorstellung - Here a short introduction
Antworten

Themen Autor
catron1601
Carcassonne-Spieler
Carcassonne-Spieler

Hello from the Florida Space Coast!

Beitrag von catron1601 »

Hello! I'm an English (and broken Spanish) speaker but have been a long time Carcassonne player. Started playing about 10 years ago because a friend of mine let me borrow her demo version. Once I got hooked, her and her husband introduced me to the full game. I ended up getting most of the first version of the game except for expansions 6,7, and 9. Stopped playing for a while to bring the next generation of players into the world, but now I'm trying to get all the remaining expansions to finish my collection.

Challa007
Carcassonne-Junkie
Carcassonne-Junkie

Re: Hello from the Florida Space Coast!

Beitrag von Challa007 »

Hi catron1601, forget expansion 7 =)) (unless you are a die hard collector, then of course you want to have it, good luck with that ;-) ).
So, what about New Edition and V3? Are you also playing those or are you only focused on C1 (which I could understand giving the design is the best of them all)?

Themen Autor
catron1601
Carcassonne-Spieler
Carcassonne-Spieler

Beitrag von catron1601 »

I am a collector at heart. The husband hates it, so he won't start giving me anything that is part of a series. I'm hoping that I can find a copy of 7 just for completion sake, but I'm not going to drive myself crazy. I got the New Edition for my brother-in-law for Christmas, but I definitely prefer the art of the first. I'm going to be trying to print the converted tiles to still have the playability of the new expansions. Haven't hear of V3, so I may need to check it out.

Challa007
Carcassonne-Junkie
Carcassonne-Junkie

Beitrag von Challa007 »

Oh dear, hopefully your husband is not hiding the creditcard either ... ;-)
(I feel allowed to make jokes like that because I am a woman, too :prost , hope its ok for you... :-S )

Anyway, V3 is totally new, currently available is: the base game, the 20th Anniversary Edition (its a base game with lots of nice easter eggs on the tiles, a modified river and a new mini expansion), the new BigBox (more or less identical to the big box of the New Edition with a slightly modified river) and 3 mini expansions (Peasant Revolts, Gifts, Signposts).
You can read more of it here in English: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5543.0
From a design point of view it is very close to the new edition... but a little worse: now, cities are more crowded with houses and houses are cut at the edge ... :-o
So, as you can see, no reason AT ALL for you to start collecting :)) ;-)

But there are some really nice mini expansions for C2 that you should try and play. We adore the Fruit bearing Trees. Don't let the design get in the way. Its really fun.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Vorstellungen - Introduction“